Community & Youth Leadership – Our Approach
Detroit residents – including youth – should have the ability to actively shape their lives, neighborhoods and communities. To this end we support:
- Platforms that enable community leaders to build their networks and leadership skills
- Pipelines for new community leaders that provide ongoing growth opportunities
- Opportunities for young people to exercise their voice and develop leadership skills
- Adults’ capability to support young leaders
- Residents’ ability to collect, access, and evaluate data in order to inform and assess changemaking strategies
This approach continues the Foundation’s commitment to fostering a network of caring adults who are committed to putting children first in practice and policy.