Working at The Skillman Foundation
The Skillman Foundation is proud of its staff and the exciting job opportunities that exist at the Foundation. From time to time we have job openings, which will be posted below.
We invite prospective applicants to view these job postings and, if qualified, submit a resume and cover letter via email, fax, or mail. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest in The Skillman Foundation. Resumes will be held in strict confidence, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Skillman Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and shall continue to adhere to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and position status without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, weight, height or handicap.
Program Administrative Assistant
The Foundation is seeking a Program Assistant. The Program Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Director of Communications and the Director of Evaluations, Learning and Impact within the Office of the President (OTP) team. This role will also support the Foundation’s Program team, specifically, the Economic Well-Being squad. The Program Administrative Assistant will serve as an effective administrative partner and project manager while handling daily office tasks necessary for all departments to be effective and committed to the mission of the Foundation.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative and business support to OTP Directors and Program Officers, maintain their business calendars, schedule appointments, and maintain contacts to ensure proper scheduling. Perform clerical duties, including but not limited to: photocopying, distribute incoming mail correspondence, prepare draft correspondence (i.e., business replies, thank you letters, etc.), create and maintain filing systems, screen and return phone calls and/or messages.
- Provide administrative support to the Program Officers within the Economic Well-Being squad by taking meeting notes, planning and calendaring, grant management tasks, and project management.
- Acting as the primary liaison between internal departments and external networks.
- Assist team with writing, editing, and proofing materials for the Foundation’s Board of Trustee meetings.
- Coordinate business travel arrangements: Arrange flight and ground transportation as needed, reserve hotel accommodations, create travel itinerary. Maintain documentation of all receipts and contact information for travel.
- Prepare expense reports, including maintenance of American Express purchase receipts and cash expenses, along with mileage reimbursement.
- Coordinate the set-up for all internal and external meetings, partnering with the Foundation’s Operations staff to schedule rooms for meetings and provide needs and resources required by the external partner. Order food when necessary, confirm invitees, and serve as point of contact for the meeting.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required with minimum of three to five years office and/or administrative experience.
- Must possess high level of discretion and confidentially and ability to operate under minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), proficient with working with templates, forms, documents, and spreadsheets.
- Stellar organizational skills, ability to prioritize, detail focused.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Self-starter who anticipates next steps to successfully complete tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment and ability to respond quickly to immediate needs.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and core values of stewardship, integrity, excellence, inclusiveness and equal opportunity, service delivery, effectiveness, and respect.
This position is a full-time salaried position and benefits. The Skillman Foundation offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits that include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401k(with a match), life insurance, and disability coverage.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Responses to this job posting are requested by Friday, June 21, 2019.
The Skillman Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Stay in the know! Subscribe to our newsletter.