Teach 313 Fellowship Elevates Role & Advocacy Efforts of Detroit Teachers
Teach 313 strives to make Detroit the best city in American for teachers. A place where educators are celebrated and honored for their noble profession. Where aspirations for the city’s future acknowledge the key role teachers play in cultivating our next generation of leaders and learners. The Teach 313 Ambassador Fellowship supports a cohort of exceptional Detroit educators each year, helping grow their profiles and influence while uplifting the profession.
Ambassador Fellow Commitments
Teach 313 Ambassador Fellows are asked to commit to the following from July 2019 to June 2020:
- Attend a July 2019 kick-off meeting
- Attend monthly two-hour developmental sessions (virtual and/or in-person)
- Execute a six-month policy engagement plan
- Contribute reflections via blog posts (written and vlogs)
- Engage in brand stewardship via social media, networking events, conversations, etc.
- Film at least one video in partnership Teach 313 with the goal of sharing the educator’s personal perspective/story and uplifting the teaching profession — specifically, teaching in Detroit
- Serve as a host for a culminating Educator Summit to take place in May 2020
In recognition of the time and effort invested by Ambassador Fellows, a $1,500 stipend will be provided. Promotional items, event budgets, and other opportunities will also be available during the year-long fellowship.
Ambassador Fellows Must:
- Teach in a Detroit school, early learning and care setting during the 2019-2020 school year
- Be compelling communicators and engagers
- Be excited to serve as an Ambassador Fellow and interface across the city and beyond
- Want to share stories about teaching in Detroit and communicate a call to action to teach in the city
- Have a strong desire to contribute to educational policy
- Be comfortable using social media and/or interested in learning how to use it
- Reside in the city (not required, yet preferred)
How to Apply
Detroit teachers can apply through June 14 to take part in the Teach 313 Ambassador Fellowship.
Submit an application online at www.teach313.org/ambassador-fellowship