President’s Discretionary Fund
The President’s Discretionary Fund is a $1M annual grant fund for small, one-time grants that support 501c3 nonprofits and public entities (school, church, or governmental units) that serve Detroit youth but fall outside The Skillman Foundation’s grantmaking priorities.
President’s Discretionary grants are typically $2,500 – $10,000 and fund efforts such as:
- Pilot programs or one-time projects
- Immediate or short-term needs
- Projects focused within systems adjacent to education (i.e. health, housing, justice, etc.) that support Detroit children and youth
- Fundraisers or other event sponsorships (Due to limited funds and high demand in this category, these requests are infrequently funded.)
If your organization and grant request fit an above description, please send your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information:
- Organization Name and EIN
- Amount Requested
- Brief description of what the requested grant would fund
You can expect a response within 2 weeks of submission. Grants typically take between 3-5 weeks for approval and payment.