New Online Tool Gives Parents Access to School Performance Data
Parents and other caregivers of a school-aged child now can easily find answers to these questions and many more through one user-friendly online tool. Michigan’s new Parent Dashboard for School Transparency makes it easier for parents to see many types of information about any public school in Michigan, including public charter schools.
The new dashboard is designed especially for parents and other caregivers. It will report on more than 20 different factors that parents and other stakeholders have said are important to them when evaluating the quality of a school. Families and others can use the dashboard to get a more complete picture of how their child’s school is serving students. They also can use the dashboard to compare a school’s performance with the average performance of other similar Michigan schools.
Access your school’s information at MISchoolData.org/ParentDashboard.
The new easy-to-use Parent Dashboard:
- provides one easy location where parents and caregivers can view building-level information and data
- can be accessed on any computer or mobile device
- includes a tutorial video that can help you navigate through the various types of information available
- offers a more balanced picture of school quality, since it contains information about more than just test scores
Information in the Parent Dashboard:
- comes from data that are already collected from schools
- can be viewed for a whole school, or viewers can dig in deeper to see performance for certain groups of students
- can inform decisions and encourage richer conversations about school progress—with students, with other parents, with school leaders, and within communities
- complements other state accountability tools such as the School Report Card (required by federal law), financial data reporting (required by Michigan law), and other state, district, and building reports (MI School Data)
The new Parent Dashboard is a “living tool” that will continue to add information and adapt to meet parents’ needs. Parents and others are invited to send feedback to MDE-ParentDashboard@michigan.gov.