Executive Assistant (Temporary)
The Skillman Foundation, located in Detroit, MI, is committed to improving the lives of Detroit children and is a private, place-based foundation focused on creating an Opportunity Agenda for Detroit children. We believe that when Detroit’s children thrive, the entire city thrives. Click here to learn more about our work.
The Foundation is seeking an Executive Assistant who will provide executive level administrative and business support to the President and CEO. The Executive Assistant will serve as an effective communicator and project manager while handling the daily office tasks necessary for the President to be effective and efficient in leading staff while emphasizing a commitment to the mission of the Foundation. This position is temporary with a reporting requirement up to one year.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide daily administrative and business support – Screen and return calls and/or messages to constituents on behalf of the President & CEO. Perform clerical duties, including but not limited to; photocopying, faxing, mailing, and maintaining correspondence filing. Open and sort incoming mail and email correspondence and prepare draft correspondence (i.e., business replies, thank you letters, etc.).
- Maintain the President & CEO’s business calendar – Plan and schedule internal/external meetings and teleconferences, prioritize meeting requests, protect work and downtime.
- Coordinate personal and business travel arrangements for the President & CEO – Register for conference/seminars, arrange flight and ground transportation as needed, create travel itinerary.
- Prepare expense reports for the President & CEO, including maintenance of purchase receipts and cash expenses, along with mileage reimbursement.
- Manage special projects on behalf of the President & CEO, including speaker logistics, talking points, etc. with the communications team and program & policy team.
- Provide meeting planning, organizational logistic support and project management support to the Foundation’s Trustee Retreats and Meetings.
- Perform other special projects, as needed.
Qualifications for the Executive Assistant:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Seven to ten years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Exceptional project management, prioritization and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time.
- Excellent people management and employee development skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills for a diverse audience.
- Ability to process large amounts of complex information and present concise conclusions drawn from this information to a variety of audiences.
This position is a TEMPORARY full-time salaried position. The Skillman Foundation offers competitive salary offerings and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, 401k (with a match), life insurance, and disability coverage. If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Monday, June 18th. No phone calls please.
The Skillman Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.